Preparation for the session.
Please plan the time of the day when you baby is active. Please bring the toys that you kid love. Please advise what music you kid like or bring the music with you. You can connect your cell to our music center as well.
Not every baby reacts the way that you do expect for a photography session, even when there is great colorful cake involved! The cakes are sweet and your kid might not be used to that. The most Cakes are covered in soft icing and some children just don’t like to get messy. Our advice is to try it out with a cupcake first and verify how your kid reacts to messy play and a bit of sweetness. They don’t normally dive into the cake like you might think and sometimes need a bit of direction from parents. We have no problem getting the shots that we need. We have a lot of experience but if the cake is not a hit the bathtub always so doesn’t worry! Please see below the summary of the questions and answers relevant to cake smash photo shoot.
Frequently Asked Questions
1)What do we need to bring for baby cake smash photo shoot? We do suggest bringing the following:
- One or Two Outfits for Family photos
- One or Two Outfits for 1 Year part of the photo session
- Boys look great in blue jeans paired with suspenders or a tie. A pair of leggings, a onesie and a cute hat will also do the trick.
- For girls: ruffled bottoms, leggings, pearls, tutu a onesie and a cute hat will also add the value to the images.
- Cake smash shoots are fun, but very messy! Please keep that in mind when planning potential outfits. Tutus, onesies or jeans are ideal, but a simple diaper cover/cloth diaper (covering a disposable diaper) is also quite cute!
- One Outfit for Smash cake photos
- One Outfit for Go Home In
- 2 extra pairs of pants
- Formula (if Formula fed)
2)What mom needs to bring for baby cake smash photo shoot?
- Great outfit for family pictures. We suggest matching the colors for family pictures.
- Extra Shirt. We will be using a couple of backgrounds to match the color of the outfit and the color skin.
- Please don’t forget hair brush or Comb, powder and lip gloss
3)What dad needs to bring for baby cake smash photo shoot?
- Please bring outfit for family pictures and extra shirt
4)How do you recommend matching the colors of our clothes?We do recommend color matching approach or color coordination. It doesn’t mean that all colors have to be the same. It is nice to get different colors with some pop-up color here or there. Please send us an e-mail with the images and we will call you back with our recommendations.
5)What is the best time of the day for a photo shoot with our little one? Please schedule the time when your little one is active and happy. We can always find the time in our schedule to meet your expectations.
6)My kid is very active and moving all the time. How will you manage it during the photo shoot?Life style is our preferable type of photography. We will catch all gorgeous smile when you interact to you kid. You will be standing close to the photographer and communicate with your kid. We do suggest inviting grandparents as well. They will help to create priceless family photos. Elina will be doing her best to get kid attention.
7)When cake smash photography session should be scheduled?
Please book the smash cake photo shoot in a month before the birthday day.
8) How do you plan themes & colors? We do have multiple backdrops in the studio and we can work together as a team to prepare the theme that is meeting your expectations. We understand that themes add the value to the images, but our focus is rather on your baby than the decorations. We add decorations to get the kid attention and make him play in the comfortable environment. Our team is consistently adding new backdrops to the studio. We do paint the backdrops and all our backdrops are custom made based on our customer’s opinion.
9)How do we have to prepare our kid to photo shoot? This is a great question. We suggest talking to the kid and explaining what we will be doing. You can try to give him a test the small part of the cake, so the kid will enjoy the test and get more comfortable during the real photo shoot. You are welcome to visit
10)Do you provide the cakes?Parents are to supply the cake, cupcake or other food product to be used in the photo shoot, due to liability reasons. Simple vanilla or chocolate cake, with buttercream frosting makes for messy and fun pictures! Fondant cakes are very beautiful on their own, but aren’t the best fit for a cake smash. It may be best to leave the fondant cake for the birthday party! Please feel free to contact us, and we can suggest a few cost effective places! Please make sure that you are taking in the account the allergically restrictions that some kids have.
11) Can you create a web gallery with all the images for us? Yes we can. We do provide the service at no extra charge. The gallery will be password protected.
12) How long will you keep the web gallery? We do keep the gallery for two month. Please contact us if you want us to get an access to the gallery for longer period of time
13)Can you print images for us? Yes we can. Please contact our team and we will be happy to provide the quote for printing.
14)What about the albums? We do design and print the albums. Please select the size of the album, required amount of pages and we will be back to you with the price. We do design the album based on the images that you select for the album. The design will be posted on our web for your approval. The delivery time after your approval is 3 -4 weeks as the albums printed in Italy on matte, glossy UV protected archival paper. We do offer different styles of the albums. Please contact our team for details.