How to Prepare for Successful Maternity Photo shoot
Maternity Photography Preparation Guide
- 1 ) Print the Map or enter the studio address: 41 Asner Av, Maple, Ontario, L6A0W6 to your GPS system. Most of the customers call us and ask for directions from the car on the way to our studio.
- 2) Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the photo shoot, especially if you bring toddlers. They need some time to get familiar with studio and photographer.
- 3) You might need to invite grandparents to photo shoot. They will help to babysit the toddlers during the photo session.
- 4) Please send us in advance the special images that you want us to create by e-mail: email@example.com
- 5) Please visit Hairdresser and make-up dresser before the session and take care of the nails.
- 6) We do recommend naturally looking make-up. Please don’t use makeup products that contain shiny sequins. This is not good with studio strobes.
- If you are not an expert, please do not try to hide small defects such a pimples, scars. The pimples and scars could be removed by Photoshoot techniques during post-production.
- 7) Please don’t wear makeup belly! Some customers tried to hide the flaws in the abdomen with the foundation. We think it is not a good idea, as you will stain the veil that we will be using for pregnancy photography.
- 8) Please bring your hair accessories. We will need to hold your hair in some shots to make your face more visible.
- We do recommend hair “Zen” to have a high horsetail. We do prefer elastics than hairpins as they look better on the images.
- 9) Please epilate your legs, areas underarm and bikini. Please don’t try new methods, just use the one that worked for you in the past.
- 10) It sounds obvious, but please brush your teeth. The white teeth look much better in the images and they do not require special retouching in Photoshop.
- 11) Prepare (cut and clean) you and your husband nails. We don’t suggest to use colorful polish.Please use colorless varnish.
- 12) Please take your favorite jewelry.
- 13) Please ask your husband to shave, take care of the hair and nails.
- 14) Please select the clothing based on the following recommendations. Please don’t wear tight clothing or underwear at least a couple of hours before the photo shoot.
- The tight sucks can leave unwanted marks on your body. Please use the towel in the car to prevent the marks from the seat belt.
- You don’t want that marks will be visible as they will affect the final images. We can hide these marks by playing with light and shadows.
- The marks can be removed with Photoshop as well, but this is not an easy way. Our clients liked to wear: Neutral strapless, Color pretty underwear,
- or black lacy bra and seamless underwear, Buttoned blouse or shirt.
- 14A) The husband clothing. Please select white top, or t-shirt, the plain t-shirt or just coordinate the color palette with your preferable colors.
- 15) Selection of clothes for maternity photography. Please plan clear colors in some colors for shoes and accessories.
- The black color is not the best friend for maternity photos as black hides the belly shape.
- We do suggest the colored clothing or white. Please wear whatever you feel comfortable and pretty in. The rest are just suggestions based on our experience.
- 16) Bring your clothes on the hanger. We have a lot of hangers holders in our studio. Please wash and Iron the clothes before the photo shoot.
- 17) Please cut the labels on all your clothing. We suggest avoiding clothing with big logos or big lines.
- 18) We have all required skills for Plus Size couple. The black backdrop and our experience will make you look slimmer naturally.
- 19) Please bring flowers. The flowers look very good on maternity images.
- 20) Baby shoes and baby accessories are very welcome.
- 21) Please bring wedding veil. We have a good experience with this composition.
- 22) Please bring the music of your choice. We love to listen to the music during the photo shots.
- 23) I would like to involve my toddler to Newborn Photoshoot. What colors do I have to pick-up?
A little girl can wear either a piece of fabric wrapped around her or a casual cotton dress.
The color has to match the color of fabrics you are wearing. If you are
wearing light colors, We would suggest wearing light colors if you are planning to wear light colors.
- The color matching is important if you are planning to print full-color images. The color match is not required if the images will be
- converted to black and white prints. Your and toddler colors ideally have to the be similar in tone.
- Please dress the boy in pants to match the tone of your outfit. We would suggest keeping a shirt for family portraits and the shirt is not required for the mom and
- toddler portrait. The barefoot is great for all studio portraits.
- 24) Please bring the baby ultrasound image
- 25) Be ready for a lot of fun as a stunning maternity images that you will see in real-time on the big screen will help you to feel confident and beautiful